Saturday, February 23, 2008

Networking & Gambrill

There was a Frederick County Chamber of Commerce "networking" event at Musket Ridge Golf Club in Myersville last Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:30. The weather was bad so attendance was low (only 150 or so). It felt mildly uncomfortable, like a contrived dating event. The upside was I met some really nice folks, the food was good, and the Gambrill Night Ride was on my way back into town. My last "networking" experience of the evening was with two women recruiters who help employers find good job candidates. At first, when I told them I was riding, they thought I was joking. Then they said "is there a phone booth on the way where you change?" Here is a pic of my "phonebooth": The problem with the BMW is the seats don't slide back far enough to allow easy access to one's feet for shoe changes and neoprene bootie installation.

A half dozen hard-core folks showed up and were treated to some incredible conditions. Sure it was dark, cold, 3 inches of snow; however, we were treated to a lunar eclipse, squeaky snow with great traction, and absolutely no wind. Another stellar (no pun intended) night ride in the Gambrill State Park.

No comments: